ACOEM Member Price: $895.00
ACOEM Medical Student/Resident/Retired Member Price: $545.00
Non-Member Price: $1,095.00
Format: Self-study of course syllabus, on-demand content recordings
John D. Meyer, MD, MPH, FACOEM, Professor and Occupational Medicine Residency Director, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY
Francesca Litow, MD, MPH, FACOEM, Medical Director, Norfolk Southern Corp., Norfolk, VA
Description: If you are striving to reach – or maintain – the definitive credential in your profession – occupational medicine certification by the American Board of Preventive Medicine (ABPM) – look no further for expert assistance and instruction. Now you can prepare confidently for the certifying or recertifying examination. By taking the ACOEM Occupational Medicine Board Review course, you can refresh your knowledge of the exam’s content, identify strengths and weaknesses in your preparation, and learn how to concentrate on areas needing more review. ACOEM’s comprehensive Occupational Medicine Board Review course covers topics relevant to the rigorous ABPM occupational medicine examination and provides sample questions and guidance for preparation and test-taking strategies. No other review course prepares you better.
Upon completion of this educational activity, participants should be able to:
· Develop a strategy for preparing for the American Board of Preventive Medicine occupational medicine (OM) certifying or recertifying examination
· Identify requirements and content of the OM exam and review sources for preparation and exam review
· Identify health effects of chemical, physical, biological, psychological, and ergonomic hazards
· Describe the etiology, diagnosis, treatment and prevention of occupational and environmental diseases
· Apply current best practices and clinical guidelines to the treatment of occupational diseases and disorders
· Discuss control of occupational and environmental factors that affect health
· Review the etiology, diagnosis and treatment of travel-related medical conditions
· Describe the managerial and administrative aspects of occupational medicine practice.
· Outline the regulatory, legal, and ethical framework under which occupational physicians and related professionals operate, and apply this framework to cases and problems that arise in practice
· Update their knowledge of specific practice areas within occupational medicine to meet the requirements of recertification
· Apply epidemiologic, statistical, and toxicology principles to occupational medicine decision-making and practice
Target Audience - you should participate if you are:
· A physician preparing to take the occupational medicine certifying or recertifying exam administered by the American Board of Preventive Medicine.
· An OM physician interested in a comprehensive review of the field.
· A resident interested in a high-level overview of OM practice or who plans to take the ABPM exam in the future.
· A family physician or internist with experience and a special interest in OM.
Accreditation: The American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine (ACOEM) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation: The American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine designates this Enduring Material activity for a maximum of 14.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ABPM LLSA Credit This activity satisfies 14 ABPM LLSA credits.
ABMS Core Competencies: This course will address the following ACGME/ABMS Competencies:
· Practice-based Learning and Improvement
· Patient Care and Procedural Skills
· Interpersonal and Communication Skills